Wednesday, November 08, 2006

erogenous zones that came as a surprise

How happy your men must be! How happy your officials, who continually stand before you and hear your wisdom! (1 Kings 10:8)

Five weeks ago I met up with a friend from my GAP year, hadn't seen him in 4 years, but it was as if the time between had been fleeting. We chatted, drank coffee, walked, ate pizza, drank wine, laughed, drank beer and inevitably, 10 hours after meeting up, french-kissed the entire length of Oxford Street.

However there was never any intention of us going out, we even discussed what a bad idea it would be. We met up again with a few more from the year out the next weekend and it wasn't awkward. Another random snog, with a brief venture onto second base, nothing happened, case closed.

Two weeks ago I met up with a friend and some of his friends. Of that group there was one friend, who is now my friend, to be precise, my boyfriend.

Quick turnaround, huh.

And the difference in my mind is phenomenal. For one thing we also walked the entire length of Oxford Street, but arm in arm, not lip to lip. Kissing him is not an exercise in sexual dominance, or achieving my competitive objectives. And, for the purposes of this blog, sleeping with him may become a problem.

I have never liked someone and then slept with them. It has once or twice happened the other way around. But, as with kissing my friend five weeks ago, it was usually case of doing it expecting no particular commitment or emotional interest. I am in virgin territory, if you enjoy an ironic turn of phrase.

I find it amusing that only 2 months after starting an accountability blog I find someone I really like. Directive Christian types would say that this is because I am having a closer walk with God and He is rewarding me with a man. Bullshit I would say in return, and probably reap the consequences on the day of judgement. It is wonderful though.

I don't know what to do. So I shall for the moment do nothing. Unfortunately by bringing someone else into this accountability equation the proportions are unequal. I am easily led - at least when I already know I want something!

Concerning the opening piece of scripture, I am very happy and very excited, even if my tortured psyche's self-indulgent musings tell a different story.

Regarding the title of this post, it was something I discovered 5 weeks ago and had confirmed on Wednesday: Earlobes are the new inner thigh, and far more accessible...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home