Wednesday, August 29, 2007

the end times

And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be. Daniel 8:19

It has been a year since I started this blog. And in this time I have tried chastity, met a man, fallen in love for the first time and now, it seems, have had my heart broken.

Now is not the time to go back to chastity. No, that came out wrong. Now is the time to recognise my limits, of which being an Evangelical is definitely one.

So a new reason to write and a new name. Perhaps also less of the hiding behind anonymity.

See you in another life!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy E said...

Since you left this blog to write another, less anonomously, perhaps you will never see this comment (or question). Having read a good portion of this blog (not just this posting), I see a woman who hungers for the joy of fellowship with God (through Christ, always only available through Christ) and yet who is afraid to trust God completely - that His way is the way to that unparallelled, amazing joy and peace. But this is more than a year later. Did you ever find it? Did you learn eventually that obedience to God leads to that joy? (Not to salvation, mind you, which is by faith through grace, and that not of ourselves.) You have so many right statements in your blog. God did NOT call us to be comfortable. Nor did He call us to compare ourselves to the world around us (am I better or worse than so-and-so?) What He HAS called us to is to be separate, in the world and yet not OF the world. Walking with Him is SO worth it. I hope you find that joy and fellowship -- because it seems that you have trusted in the salvation He has offered you in Christ --but it seems to me that you are missing the best part, at least in this life, and that is the joy and peace. You have the promise of eternity when you die, but what of today? You can have the life He intends for you to have if you quit trying to live with one foot in each camp. I hope you do. I hope you find it. I struggled with these things once upon a time, and I know from my journey that it is possible for you, too.

22:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home